1. The duly filled-in Registration Form shall be received at the registrar’s office of Paços de Brandão Music Academy, via either personal or postal delivery, no later than 20th June 2019 (CTT postmark no later than: 14th June). No registrations shall be accepted beyond said date. Registrations may also be submitted online, via the AMPB website: acadmusicapb.com and e-mail email@example.com
2. Applicants must also send a (sharp) photo and a photocopy of the Identity Card or Citizen’s Card.
3. A copy of solo music scores and one copy of the piano part (whenever accompanied) in digital format shall be submitted with the registration form to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Registration fees shall be as follows:
Categories A and B – 65.00€
Categories C and D –50.00€
Categories E and F – 40.00€
Academy members get 20% off.
Payment can be made via cheque issued to the “Tuna Musical Brandoense” or via bank transfer to the following IBAN: PT 50 0018 211305591321020 95 (It is mandatory to send proof of payment). In the event of withdrawal from the competition, this amount is non-refundable.
5. The given program may not be changed after the application is sent in.
6. Students shall enter the competition in the level that corresponds to the program they will be performing.
7. The candidate’s age is considered as of 31 December 2018.
8. Participants shall be introduced in alphabetical order, within the level in which they are competing.
9. The first 16 (sixteen) applications in each level shall be accepted.
10. Every public performance shall take place at the Dr. Arménio Carvalho Auditorium on the AMPB premises. The public will have to attend each performance in its entirety, and shall not be able to leave or enter during each one of them.
11. The repertoire of the final performance will have to be different from that pertaining to the elimination round.
12. The performance schedule and timetable shall be abided by, as previously stipulated, where of candidates shall be made aware, via electronic mail until 48 hours before the beginning of the performances.
13. Candidates will all be allowed to rehearse, at the place where elimination-round and single performances are to be given, and at a time to be set by the competition’s organizing committee.
14. Candidates shall provide their own Accompanying Pianist (despite not shouldering any responsibility, the Academy may provide contacts of possible accompanying pianists).
15. Winners (1st Prize Winners) from previous competitions may enter only in higher age categories.
16. No private audio or video recordings of elimination-round, final and single performances shall be allowed, as the Competition’s Organizing Committee shall reserve all such rights for dissemination purposes and for an indefinite period.
17. Participants shall be solely responsible for expenses for personal travel and accommodation.
18. The organization is not responsible for the non-use of original scores.
19. The Academy can provide a list of music stores where foreign applicants can get Portuguese composers pieces, if applicable and these are their choice.
20. Candidate when you formalize your application, authorize/grant the use of your data to publicize and promote the Competition, to the extent necessary.
21. The Winner’s Concert will be recorded and broadcast live on the Youtube and Facebook channel of the Paços de Brandão Music Academy.
22. It shall be incumbent on the Competition’s Organizing Committee to resolve issues not included in these rules.